This is a brief summary of the full guidelines, which you can read below.
You may not use "Pebble" in the name of your app, company or service, except in a referential manner. For example, "Awesome App for Pebble" is acceptable, but "Pebble Awesome" is not.
You may not use the Pebble logo or any other Pebble-owned graphic symbols or icons.
These guidelines are for Pebble licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Pebble’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of any Pebble logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Pebble may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Pebble trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Pebble trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a Pebble Authorized Reseller or member of a Pebble program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Pebble’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Pebble trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Pebble is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Pebble’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Pebble’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Pebble trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Pebble trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Pebble. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Pebble representative or submit your query to Pebble’s Trademark Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Pebble and its authorized resellers and licensees may use a Pebble logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use a Pebble logo only as specified in their agreement with Pebble and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Pebble.
2. Compatibility: Developers may use Pebble or any other Pebble word mark (but not a Pebble logo or other Pebble-owned graphic symbol) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Pebble product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements:
2.1 The Pebble word mark is not part of the product name.
2.2 The Pebble word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
2.3 The Pebble word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
2.4 The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Pebble product.
2.5 The reference to Pebble does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Pebble or Pebble products or services.
2.6 The use does not show Pebble or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a Pebble word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
3.1 The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Pebble Users.
3.2 The use reflects favorably on both Pebble and Pebble products or technology.
3.3 Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Pebble word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
3.4 Any Pebble-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Pebble.
3.5 A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Pebble, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Pebble Technology Corp..”
3.6 A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Pebble’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a Pebble product or technology may use the appropriate Pebble word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Pebble or any other Pebble trademark, including Pebble-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Pebble’s Logos and Pebble-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use a Pebble logo or any other Pebble-owned graphic symbol or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Pebble, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use a variation of a Pebble logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Pebble trademark for any purpose. For example:
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Pebble trademark or any other Pebble-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Pebble or any other Pebble trademark, including Pebble-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Pebble’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Pebble or any other Pebble trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Pebble.
7. Pebble’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Pebble packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Pebble slogan or tagline. For example: “Tiny Moments of Awesome.”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Pebble trademark as a second level domain name.
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought two Pebble smartwatches.
Not Correct: I bought two Pebbles.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
4. Always spell and capitalize Pebble’s trademarks in accordance with their registration. Do not shorten or abbreviate Pebble product names. Do not make up names that contain Pebble trademarks.
1. Distribution Within the United States Only:
1.1 On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Pebble trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
1.2 Properly display the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark.
1.3 Include an attribution of Pebble’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication. Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Pebble Technology Corp.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Pebble Technology Corp.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
2.1 Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
2.2 Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Pebble Technology Corp., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Pebble Technology Corp.
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: Pebble does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Pebble products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Pebble endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of a Pebble product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Pebble product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
2.1 Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Pebble product.
2.2 The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Pebble product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Pebble before using any photograph owned or licensed by Pebble).
2.3 The Pebble product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Pebble products and on Pebble Technology Corp.
2.4 The reference to Pebble does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Pebble or Pebble products.
For further information with respect to Pebble’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Copyright Team at email@example.com.